Permanent Visas

Family of Argentinean Citizens

Permanent Visas

Parents, children and spouse of Argentinean citizens can apply for a permanent visa for Argentina at the Consulate. With this visa they are allowed to live in Argentina.


  • Valid passport of the applicant with validity of at least one year.
  • Identity Card of the Argentinean citizen (father/mother*, spouse**, son/daughter of applicant)
  • Four standard-size passport photos (4x4; preferably light blue background; ¾ profile right side)
  • Certified birth certificate at an international form
  • Statement of good conduct. This will normally be a transcript of your criminal record from your national police (obviously, they will be looking for a transcript that does not contain any offences on it).
  • Medical statement (this form is issued by the consulate)
  • Certified declaration of not having any criminal antecedents (For children older than 16 years of age).
  • Payment of the tariff of the consulate

* The parents of an Argentinean citizen applying for a permanent visa need to proof the family link by means of a legalized birth certificate of their child.

** The applying spouse needs to present a legalized marriage certificate. If this certificate is not presented in Spanish or stated on an international form, an accredited translator has to provide a certified translation (in some cases the Argentinean consulate may be able to provide this service).

Further reading

Does this article help?

Do you have any comments, updates or questions on this topic? Ask them here: