Accident insurance

How you are insured at your working place

Accident insurance

Occupational accident insurance covers accidents while working and is paid by your employer. Regardless of your earnings, you are automatically covered if you are employed or undergoing training.

Statutory occupational accident insurance also covers students, as well as children in schools and nursery schools.

If you are a businessperson, self-employed or a freelancer you may not be legally required to have insurance. However, you can get voluntary insurance for yourself as well as your spouse if he/she works with you.

In the event of an occupational accident or occupational illness, state occupational accident insurance provides:

  • Payment for full medical treatment
  • Occupational integration assistance (including retraining if necessary)
  • Social integration assistance and supplementary assistance
  • Cash benefits to the insured and their surviving dependants

Further reading

Does this article help?

Do you have any comments, updates or questions on this topic? Ask them here: