The minimum age to rent a car in Greece is 21, but some rental companies may charge more for drivers under 25 years of age.
The international companies such as Avis, Budget Rent A Car and Europcar are based at Athens international airport and also have offices in downtown Athens and multiple locations across the country.
What you need before renting a car in Greece
- An international driving permit is necessary for non-EU citizens ( a national driving license is accepted for EU citizens)
- Two photo’s and a small fee
- Check with the rental company for any special restrictions (eg. car classes for younger drivers)
- Check if fees need to be paid if you wish to leave Greece with the vehicle.
A few words that will be helpful while driving:
- Venzinadiko (βενζινάδικο) - Gas station
- Diodia (διόδια) - Toll
- Choros state mefis - Parking
- Astinomia (Αστυνομια) - Police