If you have a mortgage, you will be required to insure the property. If you do not have a mortgage, it is not compulsory to insure a property. Nevertheless, accidents do happen so we recommend home insurance as a sensible precaution against financial loss in the case of a fire, robbery or natural disaster such as flooding or wind damage.
The figures here are approximate guides; obviously, the actual amount you will need to pay will depend on your consumption, type of property and sometimes in what area it is located:
- Gas: 24,000 HUF/month (approx. €94)
- Electricity (e.g. In a 3-roomed flat): 10-15,000 HUF/month (approx. €39-60)
- Water (with water rates): 8,000 HUF/month (approx. €32)
- Telephone and Internet: the price varies by package from approx. 8,000 HUF/month (approx. €32)
- Waste collection: the common cost includes this. It costs approximately 5,000-15,000 HUF/month (approx. €20-60) depending on the size of the property and the area.
- Caretaking, cleaning: 1,000 Ft/hour ( approx. € 4)
- Rental Agents: if you are renting your property out, an agent will normally take 20% of the annual gross income.