Contact by telephone
You can contact the Immigration and Naturalisation office by phone from 9am to 5pm, Monday through Friday. They suggest on their website that the best time to call for a quick reply is between 9am and 12pm.
Within the Netherlands: 088 0430 430
Outside the Netherlands: +31 88 0430 430
Please note that in order for the immigration office to answer all your questions, they will need your V-number or case number. You can find the V-number on the back of the residence permit or residence document. Additionally, the V-number and case number are also listed on the letters you have received from the IND.
There are 8 offices located throughout the Netherlands which can be visited from 9am to 4pm Monday through Friday. The addresses in each city are:
1073 AT Amsterdam
5611 GB Eindhoven
5223 MA 's-Hertogenbosch
2132 HA Hoofddorp
3013 AP ROTTERDAM
Sir Winston Churchillaan 293
228 DC Rijswijk
IND Loket Utrecht
3511 RS Utrecht
La Grande Vitesse
8017 JW Zwolle
*These offices only offer information by appointment.
Visiting an IND office
When visiting an IND office, you are always required to bring identification with you. Additionally, you do not always need an appointment to visit an office.
An appointment is necessary:
- for information about residence in the Netherlands.
- to submit an application for a residence permit.
- to collect a residence or return visa.
An appointment is not necessary:
- to collect your residence document.
- to give biometric information. This is only possible if you have submitted an application for a residence permit at the IND and your data is known to the IND. You will need a valid passport or residence permit under all circumstances. If you do not have it, the IND cannot take your biometric information.
Currently, the IND are using their Twitter account (@IND_NL) as a means of communicating with clients and the general public. You can follow their account to find out the latest news and updates, as well as tweeting them to ask your general queries. You can expect a response from the webcare team from Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm.
You can find further information on their website.