How to apply for a Nicaraguan driver’s license
After becoming a resident you can go to your local police station to apply for a driver’s license. The following documentation is necessary:
- Copy of your passport or Nicaraguan Resident Card.
- Examination certificates of eyesight and blood type, with a recent date, both certified by the Nicaraguan Red Cross.
- License insurance policy.
- Theoretical and practical exam certificates produced by the Transit Police Station Office or any other center authorized by them.
- BANPRO (Bank of Production) deposit slip of C$120.00 to the account of the National Police.
- Current valid driver's license (from home country).
- Certification from your Embassy of the type of license that you own and the type of vehicle that you can drive with.