You can find out who is the best movers for your move by comparing quotes or estimates from movers. Once you have submitted your quote, movers will contact you about estimating your household goods. You have to make sure that the quote you submit to movers is accurate. Otherwise you will get a cheap quote that might cost a lot in the end because you gave too little details.
So provide as much details as possible to your movers about your household goods to get a good quote.
How to Select the Best Moving Company:
8 Good Tips!
1. The more details you give, the more accurate your quote. Removal companies need information about the amount you would like to move, so that they can determine how many people and which vehicles are needed.
2. Cheapest is not always the best. Some less qualified movers might overlook belongings while estimating, which might make your move more expensive then initially estimated. Be sure to provide them with all the details they need.
3. There are many criteria for choosing a removal company. Whilst some companies provide reduced rates; others provide additional security for your belongings, or extra services that can help you more effectively. Please be sure to sum up all the pros and cons carefully, before deciding which company you opt for.
4. Check that they are members of a professional trade organisation. National trade associations maintain professional high standards and can give you detailed information about member companies. Members of these associations are usually vetted annually. Also, if you are unsatisfied with the services provided, you have a higher authority that you can contact. Two of the most renown trade associations in the UK for removal companies include:
BAR (British Association of Removers)
GUILD - The National Guild of Removers and Storers
International moving associations are:
The International Federation of International Movers
Fidi Accredited International Mover
5. What extra services do you need? If you are looking for extra services, please be sure that these options are covered by the removal companies that approach you. If these services are not provided, you should decide whether you would like to arrange this separately, or consider another removal company as your choice. Extra services include:
Supply of Boxes
Storage of goods
Insurance for your goods
Speciality Removals such as Piano or Antiques
Extra charges or additional transportation charges can also be made for long carries, stairs, lifts, moving large items (e.g. cars), disconnecting electrical goods or gas stoves.
6. How much should these extra services cost? Each removal company is different, however you can compare the amounts given to you from several removal companies.
7. Documentation. Make sure that you read all the fine print before signing any contracts, to prevent any extra charges.
8. Storage. Storage can be arranged by your removal company, or you can also arrange this separately by contacting the storage company directly.
Free moving quotes can be requested by:
(UK removals - for moving within the UK)
(European moving only - for moving withing Europe)
(International moving - for moving international)