Officials and employees who work for NATO in the US, need NATO visas. There are different types of G visas. Which one you will need as an official depends upon your purpose of travel to the US.
International organization officials and employees requiring visas include:
- G1: representatives of foreign governments who are living and working in the US
- G2: representatives of recognised governments travelling temporarily to the US to attend meetings of an international organization
- G3: representatives of non-recognised and non-member governments
- G4: individuals who are travelling to the US for an appointment with an international organization (including the UN)
- G5: attendants, servants and personal employees of the visa holders above
G1, G2, G3 and G4 visas also include immediate family members of the visa holders.