Proof of German required by German universities

As a foreign student you must prove adequate knowledge of the German language in order to study in Germany.

As a general rule, you will have to take the German language proficiency test - DSH ( Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang ausländischer Studienbewerber) or the TestDaF ( Test Deutsch als Fremdsprache für ausländische Studienbewerber).

In some cases, you might be exempted from the DSH or TestDaF, for example:

If you are required to take the DSH you will probably have to take the exam at the institution you're planning to study at in Germany. © 2003-2019 Just Landed