Chile working holiday visas

Eligibility, requirements and conditions

Nationals of Australia, Canada and New Zealand can apply for a working holiday visa which allows them to work temporarily, full-time or part-time in Chile for 12 months. This is a type of temporary residency visa.

If you want to experience life in Chile but not commit fully to a residency visa, you can apply for a working holiday visa. You must, however, have a valid passport from Canada, Australia or New Zealand.

You can apply for this visa in your home country at a Chilean embassy or consulate.

Working holiday requirements and conditions

The requirements for people applying for this visa are:

The visa conditions are as follows:

There is a yearly quota for this type of visa. Applications open in October for the following year’s quota.  

Applying for the visa

You should apply for this visa in your local Chilean embassy. You will require the following documents (the exact requirements may vary depending on your country):

If your application is successful, you will be issued with a certifying letter which grants a temporary residence visa. You have 90 days from the issue date of the letter to enter Chile. The visa is valid 12 months from your entry into Chile.

Follow the links for the embassy websites in Canada , Australia  and New Zealand  for more information. © 2003-2021 Just Landed