Regardless of the type of visa you are applying for you will need the following basic documentation:
- Passport or international travel document. This must be valid for at least 3 months from the date the visa is issued;
- Filled in visa form (this should be available at your nearest embassy or consulate, or you can get it online - website is for the UK embassy, however the form is generic);
- One photo size 3.5 x 4.5;
- Proof of payment for consulate fee.
As well as the above documentation, the Kazakhstan government may demand supplementary documented if they deem it necessary.
Anyone applying for a tourist, business, work, medical, student, investor or diplomatic visa must also provide one of the following:
- A copy of your letter of invitation, including the number assigned to your visa support letter from the Department of Consular Service of the Kazakhstan Ministry of Foreign Affairs;
- Or a written application letter.
Tourist visa applicants must also provide printed confirmation of:
- Their hotel booking
- Travel insurance
- Travel tickets
If you are applying for a private visa, you must submit the original letter of invitation from the Kazakh interior authorities, in addition to the general documentation found above.
Residence permits are offered to foreigners for a maximum of 10 years, or till the expiration date of the applicant’s passport, whichever is sooner. In addition to the general documentation, applicants must submit:
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Statement from a Kazakhstan bank showing a balance of at least US $8500, or a sufficient amount to purchase a home of 15 square metres per family member.
- Clean criminal record
- An accommodation arrangement with a Kazakhstan entity.
- Medical certificate
Once the individual has received confirmation of their residency permit, they must file their application with the Ministry of Internal Affairs in person. At this point they must present:
- Two passport size photographs
- Valid passport
- Authorisation of Kazakhstan residency
- Stamp duty receipt