Buying a house in Holland
There have been some changes in the rules and regulations and in the tax laws with regards to house purchase and mortgages so it is as well to review these.
The amount of mortgage you can secure
What determines the amount of mortgage you can secure?
According to Wikipedia insurance is a form of risk management primarily used to hedge against the risk of a contingent loss.
To fix or not to fix, that is the question...
Variable interest rates mean you pay a lot less interest over your arranged mortgage period. However should the rates increase, you will need to make sure you have the financial flexibility in your income to afford the payments.
The process and things to consider
The globalisation of our world makes international relationships easier. This leads to more international marriages, which in turn leads to international divorces with international aspects. These aspects are what often take divorcees by surprise.
How expats should file their tax returns
Tax returns are complicated in whichever country you are living. Luckily for expats in the Netherlands we have some expert advice to help you file your Dutch tax returns correctly, and on time.
Favourable Dutch personal income tax act for specialists
The Dutch wage tax act provides specialists, who meet certain requirements, the possibility to obtain the so-called 30%-ruling. This 30%-ruling reduces the full Dutch taxable salary to a 70% taxable salary; the remaining 30% can be reimbursed exempted from wage or income tax by the employer. The 30%-ruling is therefore a substantial tax relief for all non-Dutch specialists, who have been attracted from abroad by Dutch resident employers.
Are you paying more than you should?
Is your current mortgage efficient for the 21st Century?Are you paying more than you need to for your mortgage?
US citizens must deal with two tax systems
The United States is one of the only countries that continues to impose tax on the worldwide income of its citizens and residents (e.g. green card holders) who live and work in another country. If you are resident abroad, you are normally also subject to local tax on your income in your host country. This presents a problem since both countries want to get your tax dollars (or euros or any other currency, for that matter) based on the same income.