A major player in the telecom market is KPN, the largest provider of internet access services in the country. Other big providers are T-Mobile and Vodafone.
You can choose between a contract (Abonnement) or a prepaid card. The prepaid option is easier to get and there are cards available with internet included which will save you roaming costs. You can top it up with cards from the supermarket or online.
A contract will usually work out cheaper if you know that you will use your mobile often and will stay in the country for a year or more. In order to sign a contract you’ll need proof of identity, address, an official bank statement and bank account details. If you have an unlocked phone, it’s also possible to buy only a Dutch sim card.
Dutch Mobile providers:
- KPN - www.kpn.com
- Vodafone - www.vodafone.nl
- Telfort - www.telfort.nl
- T-Mobile - www.t-mobile.nl
- Tele2 - www.tele2.nl
- Simyo - www.simyo.nl (prepaid sim card)
- Lebara - https://mobile.lebara.com/nl/en/
- Lyca mobile - http://www.lycamobile.nl/nl/
- AH Mobiel - http://www.ah.nl/mobiel (pay as you go only)
Providers specialized on Expats:
- Expat Mobile - https://expatmobile.nl (no Dutch bank account needed, and can deliver SIM internationally)