Family and marriage visas

Visas through marriage, children or parents

Family and marriage visas

These types of visas are issued to spouses of Peruvian nationals, parents of Peruvian children and underage children of Peruvians who wish to apply for permanent residency.

Steps for obtaining a family and marriage visa

Fill out the following steps and take the necessary document to your local Peruvian embassy:

  • Form F007  and F004  filled out
  • Your passport plus a photocopy
  • Your TAM (Tarjeta Andina de Migraciones). This is little white entry slip you receive when entering Peru
  • Copy of your visa or entry stamp into Peru
  • Two passport-sized photographs

Your spouse needs to provide:

  • Photocopy of their DNI (Documento Nacional de Identidad) with their status casado/a (married) Their civil status must be changed to married.
  • They also must sign a legal document in front of a public notary confirming they will support you financially whilst you both reside in Peru.

Costs and processing times

The processing costs will be US$75 for a spouse and US$150 for a dependent child.

If documents provided are not in Spanish they will be required to be translated by a qualified translator. Along with this visa you will receive a residency card (carne de extranjera, CE). All holders of this visa will be able to work legally in Peru.

Further reading

Does this article help?

Do you have any comments, updates or questions on this topic? Ask them here: