Application forms for the residence visa (required for entry to Hungary for study in some cases) are available online for download as PDF documents in 5 languages (English, French, German, Russian and Hungarian) from the website of the Hungarian Ministry of Foreign affairs ( Külügyminisztérium) at: www.mfa.gov.hu .
EU and EEA citizens
Provided your stay in Hungary does not exceed 3 months, you do not require a study visa. Your passport and/or national identity card are sufficient documentation for your entry and residence in Hungary for study purposes.
If you are planning to stay longer, you need to apply for a study visa, which you are entitled to be granted with the submission of the following documents:
- proof of payment of tuition fees
- approval document of the host university in Hungary
Make sure that you have health insurance which covers your stay in Hungary. If you haven't yet received it, ask your health insurance agency of your home country to issue a European Health Insurance Card. You can also apply for free insurance cover from a Hungarian health insurance company by submitting your certificate of enrolment at your host university (in Hungarian).
As a non-EU citizen you are required to apply for a residence visa if you wish to study in Hungary. On the application form you will be asked to give details of:
- the type of education
- the name of the host organisation
- the headquarters of the host organisation
- if you will be receiving a scholarship you will need to provide details on the organisation allocating the scholarship
- the amount of money you have available for your stay in Hungary
In the application for a study visa you have to enclose:
- documentation detailing your prospective accommodation and proof of financial means of subsistence
- school certificate