Switerland and the Swiss very Boring !!!!! Please discuss ....
OK...now I don't wish to paint all of Switzerland with the same shade of dull grey emulsion, nor do I wish to comment on the many fun and interesting Swiss people I've not yet met, but so far, in my very humble opinion the Swiss are possibly the most boring race on the planet, and perhaps the galaxy.
I worked in Switzerland for a while, and I did try to get about, make friends and see something of the place. In fairness you could travel very well without incident or delay (nevertheless useful but in itself quite boring). The people were universally reserved and would shy away from open conversation. What on Earth do they have to hide? Perhaps this is the fun bit..?Are they secret perverts...I do hope so.
Now I'm an Accountant, and even boring old me felt like something of a weirdo in this tight knit, "everything by the book" place.
We now have left Switzerland ( on time and punctually...) and live in Asia. Unfortunately our neighbours ( ...BORES..just noticed the pun...get it ?) are Swiss. We've been here for three months and despite trying to exchange pleasantries we've still got no further than a curt nod for good morning and another nod in the evening.
They spend all day cleaning the front of the house and tending to a funny little windmill which drives a model of a man chopping wood...I kid you not. I have pictures.
I also met another Swiss couple on the beach yesterday. They had tried to buy 10 sun beds so that they could be on their own....honestly...It's not that we wanted to party or nod twice in one hour or something ! We sat down on the sand and this angry Swiss pensioner piped up...”Hey, you, I’ve paid for these sunbeds..all of them..I don't want to be disturbed....” cricky, it seemed as though he had been disturbed for years ! After a few unpleasant glances and nods, he grumbled that he had a right to not see people - in reply and somewhat ungraciously I called him a boring, nasty, tosser ! But that did do the trick...no more grumbling from him...he was probably plotting his awful revenge …perhaps he was planning to fiddle with my wristwatch when I was in the sea…pop it back a couple of minutes, change the date or something…now that’s an awful unmentionable thing in Switzerland I can tell you....I can’t wait for tomorrow.
Anyway enough of that....I’ve many more examples but I’m boring myself just thinking of them.
SWITZERLAND, and the SWISS are the most dull and uneventful bunch of people you could ever wish to meet.
Anonymous 22 Jan 2008, 04:17 - Verstoß melden
- Visit the streetparade
- my own pinion
- i'm sorry about that
- Do what Swiss people do
- Switzerland is boring
- what's up
- then come to Malaysia...
- Switerland and the Swiss very Boring !!!!! Please discuss ....
- Zurich is so boring
- switzerland BORING !
- Zurich is the most boring city in the world, and I have been to MANY cities!
- switzerland or not? to be or not to be
- the outsider's view from the inside -- still boring
- Switzerland is great !! Zurich is great !!
- Italians in Zürich
- just an opinion
- check out www.glocals.com, Switzerland's largest community of expats
- expat all the way
- Join the fun!!
- Switzerland is boring
- don't go there
- BORING and Conservative...that is the Swiss society.
- the land of milk and......boring people
- wir haben ein eu projet über die schweiz
- quality of life...just include other measures and Zurich is last...
- Swiss Police
- I am Swiss
- it's to easy to generalize things...
- a county and its people - nice and boring
- Zurich is not Boring at all!
- Swiss crash
- Yet another Switzerland sucks
- Dom Dom
- (sry my engish is not so good) Most of your answers shows...
- Berne, Switzerland
- switzerland is not that shinny at all...it needs a lot of work....
- I'm swiss
- Wrong way to judge!!
- why do people go to switzerland actually?