This place is the pits - a holiday and nothing more
With all the continuous reports of young educated Kiwis leaving permanently for Australia, UK or the US, you might want to question why. Brain Drain has been a hot topic here since the 70s, an abundant lack of opportunities for young people.
But still, if you really want to come here for the countryside, beaches, the sea, quiet then this is the place for you.
Other things you'll need to get used to: Broadband really sucks, it's expensive and bandwith is on a par with developing countries...you've been warned. And things move very slowly here...people are no friendlier here than they are in Australia.
Develop a thick skin too - some maoris are blatantly racist towards pakeha (white people) and other non indigenous new zealanders, nothing gets done about it so lump it while you're here.
I'm leaving NZ in a month so I don't feel too bad about the place right now but if I found out tomorrow that I could never leave, I think i'd have to kill myself.K 10 Mar 2009, 06:09 - Report
- Totally agree!!
- new zealand is home.
- Want to visit NZ
- want to visit NZ and biking
- N.Z is good place to enjoy your live..
- I THINK THERE IS GOOD PLACE
- i have a dream..........
- i have a dream.......
- I know very special girl and we have one common dream...
- I disagree
- Yes, it's boring
- TOTAL DOGS LIFE HEAR IN NEWZEALAND
- New Zealand
- Boring people make for boring lives
- Im prefer NZ
- I'm torn
- This place is the pits - a holiday and nothing more
- Really that bad??
- yes, really that bad but that's just my opinion
- New Zealand Is actually Boring
- Boaring N.Z
- How true is all these comments
- How true are all these comments
- Nice to visit
- Shawn Yantos
- Can't eat the scenery
- Check out these three sites first
- New Zealand truth
- can't wait to leave
- disaapointing place
- International Students
- Living here is hard
- Really don't like it
- NEW ZEALAND